Sunday 17 January 2016

Building A Solid Relationship / Marriage In 2016



The year has begun in earnest, and many people have made several New Year resolutions. And I am sure some of those resolutions would include becoming a better person to Marriage is truly not a bed of roses; yet it is the best of relationships and a place where the best of man is brought to the fore.

Some marriages are filled with trials, conflicts and diverse problems. Others are filled with joy and the best of things you can think of in marriage.

There is no home which does not experience some form of trials or challenges at some point in time. But the ability to stay strong together and overcome these inevitable difficulties depends on how solid your marriage is.

I used to have a neighbour some years ago who together with his wife turned themselves to alarm bells that wakes up everybody in the middle of the night with their quarreling and screaming at each other. Sometimes in the morning, they wake up the entire compound with their everyday fights. Yet the next few days, they walk hand-in-hand everywhere.

In a particular year, the man walked up to me and said he wanted me to guide him on how he could become better husband to his wife. He said, “I have made a resolution to make my marriage solid this year. I want to start at the beginning of the New Year. Please what must I do to build a solid marriage?”

From that moment, my perception of him changed. I saw a man who was ready, in spite of all odds, to make his marriage relationship work.

The big question I would like to ask as we begin a new year is, “Is your relationship with your spouse solid?  Can it stand the test of time or trials?”

Just like my former neighbour, perhaps you are wondering what you could do too to make that your resolution. If this is your case, there are 5 signs to tell if your marriage/relationship is solid and how you can make that desired improvement. My neighbour did; you too could!

No comments:

Post a Comment